Low Cost Ways To Insulate Windows
- Weatherstripping and caulking. The first step in getting the most out of your current windows and doors is to plug any air leaks. Caulk inside and outside your window casing and use weatherstripping in the sash.
- Heavier curtains. Switching out lighter summer curtains for heavier drapes in the winter is a smart idea.
- Cellular shades. Also known as honeycomb shades, this type of window covering is made with folds of fabric that create multiple layers of air pockets to insulate windows.
- Layered window treatments. To dress your windows really warmly, bundle them up in insulating shades (or cellular shades) with curtains hung on top.
- Insulating window film. This product sticks directly to your windows, providing an extra layer of protection from the elements. Be aware that your windows won't be perfectly clear with window film applied.
If you have any questions please call us at (954) 398 3676 to speak with a specialist.